Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year

With the New Year comes new things. This section is going to be changed to Ask Ellen. I want to be able to help as many individuals as I can. Each of you have different questions and areas of your body that you want to strengthen and reduce. I love interaction so instead of just blogging I wanted a little more. Most individuals were just emailing me at ellen@isobreathing.com and asking questions. Yes I do answer all questions myself and wanted to share some of the questions that are being asked. I also do receive questions from my snippits on youtube. I will transfer those questions here so you can also benefit from those individuals questions also.


The first questions asked was is there a way to avoid the exercise and lose weight. My response was it can be done but.. to lose weight efficiently you will need to incorporate healthier portion sizing with food, some form of aerobic activity to burn calories and some form of strength training to gain more muscle fibers that burn more calories.

What I did not add in is yes in order to lose weight without exercise you will have to cut your calories way down. What then occurs to your body is a slower metabolism, you will become tired, sluggish, and cranky. Not my choice of weight loss.

I have found over the years is those individuals following the isobreathing program which is a way to introduce exercise to someone - they will continue to follow a portion of the program.
Some follow body positioning, others just the breathing, and for some they follow the isometric program and then will go into full range of motion for more variety.

I am here to help you out so please just ask.
You are welcome to tell your friends about this site and if they are not sure tell them to go to youtube and look up isobreathing.

Till next question- I wish you all a very Happy Healthy and Safe New Year.

No comments: