Saturday, August 11, 2007

Too busy to exercise try these

We are all busy and think of every excuse under the sun why we don't have time to take care of ourselves. Here are a few hints that may help. In volume 1 you learn to work outer thigh, hamstring curls and leg extensions while standing. I personally keep my band in the bathroom. While I am brushing my teeth (the electric toothbrush is timed for 2 minutes) I place my band on my ankles and work those three muscle groups. I do use full range of motion BUT... I still keep perfected body positioning which is extremely important. I will complete a slow 10 repetitions for each leg for each exercise. By the time I am finished my legs do feel like they have gotten a good workout and those three exercises I do not have to think of them again. Then you can incorporate the other exercises that I have written up while you are in the car to start working your upper body.
What most individuals do not realize is that you can break up your workout during the day. It is what did you accomplish by the end of the day.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Hi Ellen,

How do you brush your teeth and deep breathe all at the same time?

Thanks.

Sally said...

How do you brush your teeth and breathe at the same time?

I can't do it.

Thanks for any tips you can provide.

isobreathing said...

Hi Aquafina,
It depends... If you have an electric toothbrush you can keep your mouth shut and breathe through your nose. OR you can breathe through your mouth. You will need to play around with it. I usually breathe through my mouth. (the sink is right there for a reason- all those drips:))

isobreathing said...

One thing I forgot to add in. If you keep your mouth closed so you wont drip-- you will need to keep your tounge up on the roof of your mouth so you will not choke. This will mean you will need to breathe through your nose. Hope this helps.