Saturday, March 15, 2008

American Association of University Woman

I am very excited to be speaking this Tuesday to the American Association of University Woman.
While I was at Habitat for Humanity womans build there was a woman who was helping to serve lunch and I notice her tee shirt. I waited until all were fed and then I went up to her to ask if she was part of the AAUW group. She said yes and I introduced myself. It was very exciting for me to meet her because we spoke a number of times on the phone. It is nice to put a face with the name. She also had her co president with her so when I do arrive on Tuesday I will at least see some familiar faces. That is always a comfort when walking into a room of individuals that you dont know.
I asked Jody a number of questions about the audience that will be attending and I am glad that I did. If you do go around speaking I highly recommend that you know your audience. I only had to change one aspect of my talk. The next day I dropped a Bio off at Joans home and we discussed the chair arrangement. It is nice to know how the room will be arranged, the size of the room and the acoustics. It makes for a comfortable talk.
If any of you are going to be in the area it is for 7 pm at the Mandeville City Hall. All are welcome. If you do come please come up to me and introduce yourself. I love meeting people. Hope to see you there.
Ellen

No comments: