Sunday, March 30, 2008

Busy is good

I have been so busy these past two weeks I am sure just like the rest of you. I have had three speaking engagements in the past two weeks plus 7 training sessions. The speaking engagements were a lot of fun. I always enjoy meeting new people.

Two of my speaking engagements were about stress reduction. Most of us do lead very stressful lives and I spoke about three specific stresses. First the good stresses such as the birth of a child, a wedding and yes exercise is a good stress on the body.

The next two stresses - first those stresses that we have no control over and second the stresses that we do have control over. My question to all is - Is your glass half empty or is it half full.

It depends on how you look at life. Are you full of positive energy from healthy eating, getting a good nights sleep, getting in exercise and keeping busy. If you take care of yourself and you are feeling good you tend to let the little stresses slide. You tend to think - Are they really that important to stress over. Is there something you can do to get rid of the stress. If your glass is half full you outlook on life is very different than those that keep their glasses half empty all the time.

I spoke about making your list before turning in at night. If you have numerous items that you needed to complete during the day and you didnt not complete and you have so many items that you need to complete the next day then your mind is racing like crazy at bedtime and it is not allowing your body to relax to fall asleep. If it is written down then it makes it real and you then dont have to think about it until morning. Your list isnt going anywhere.

I spoke about Total Body Relaxation with slow deep breathing and relaxing varied muscle groups. This will allow the body to relax and fall asleep.

The other business that I am involved in is BNI. It is a networking organization that teaches an individual how to network, and how to form deep relationships and eventually how to ask for business. It also teaches How to stand in front of people to speak- the number one fear is public speaking. It is this organization that I thank for teaching me all of this. Actually 75% of my business comes from this organization. You can beat that. NO COLD CALLS!!!

I help start up new chapters and I make sure that the members that are already in the groups are happy and making money. I coach area directors and assistant directors and ambassadors. I was a group this past week and was asked to speak on how to invite visitors for their visitors day. It is usually a 10 minute presentation at a chartered chapter so you can not run on and on. You need to get right to the point. I have been involved in this organization for over 5 years now and love it.

There is so much information and education that it would make your head spin. But that is good.
I do a lot of driving and I am always listening to one CD or another. Depending on the distance I need to drive I will listen to 2-3 of these fantastic CD's in a day. It is great information on lots of varied topics. If you are looking to increase your business with a Givers Gain Attitude than this organization may be for you. You can go to www.BNI.com and find a group near you to visit. If you do go and visit then tell them Ellen sent you. You never know who you may meet.

No comments: