Thursday, May 1, 2008

when was the last time you skipped

I woke up today full of energy and feeling great. I went for my walk and wore my heart rate monitor. I try to take different walking paths otherwise it gets really boring. Today I went on one of my regular paths but I had too much energy for just fast walking. I had some great music on and I felt like a kid. I remembered how much fun I used to have when I was skipping. I tried it. WOW!!!!! It felt great and my heart rate shot right up there. I went back to walking and did that through out my walk today. Yes I did get some strange stares but I had a great smile on my face and had a blast.

I highly recommend you try skipping to break up your walking routine. Do not skip if you have bad ankles or knees. If you are not sure just try a few skipping steps and see how you feel. I was able to get in several intervals. Let me tell you that the IsoBreathing helped me tremendously. You will get out of breath very quickly but then slow down to your fast walk and when your heart rate feels almost back to normal that is when it is time to take it up again.

Do Not Forget To Stretch afterwards. You will need to rotate your ankles, stretch your shins by pointing your toes toward the ground, get in a calf stretch and dont forget to stretch your hip flex ors. That is a calf stretch with a pelvic tilt.
Till next time just keep on moving.
Ellen

No comments: