Monday, March 17, 2008

invisionment

I have been hearing from lots of individuals lately that they want to lose those last few pounds or they are having a difficult time staying on track. I want to pass on some words of wisdom to help all of you. I want you to start in-visioning yourself at your final goal. If it is a specific weight or specific size that you want to get to. I want you to write down your final goal. Then I want you to write down your final goal in a short positive sentence. I look and feel fantastic at a size x or I look and feel fantastic at xxx pounds. Place this statement on your bathroom mirror, the refrigerator, next to your computer and a few other places. Then I want you to say this positive statement a number of times during the day. If you truly believe this then it will happen. You will find that you will start to change your eating habits because you will then think --if I am at my goal weight what would I eat to maintain this weight. You will find yourself watching your portion sizing, eating healthier and cutting back on the junk foods. You will also find that you will ask yourself to maintain this weight I will need to stick with working out on a regular basis. I will need to get in my aerobic activity and you will find that you will start coming up with less excuses and you will stay on track more easily. This alone has kept me on track for awhile now and it is helping my clients a lot. I know that this will work for you too. Try it for one month and let me know how it is working for you.
Ellen

No comments: